Strategic Business Planning
This course is designed for senior managers responsible for defining and shaping the direction for their departments or organisation. The workshop will provide a process for writing strategic business plans based on existing and emerging market factors as well as provide the tool kit to gain support and momentum within the organisation.
On completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- To develop a clearer understanding of the market in which we operate
- To be able to identify and prioritise business opportunities
- To have identified and prioritised key stakeholders
- To have mapped out a strategic vision and its pillars
Bring along reports about their industry, market place and business. Be prepared to share your key insights from these with the group.
Please note this is the standard course outline. For in-house training, we can bespoke this course to your specific needs.
- - What comes first in strategic planning?
- - Introduction to Kotter’s 8 Step change model as process for the two days
- - Pestle
- - Porters Five Forces
- - SWOT
- - Decision making tools
- - Identifying and prioritising stakeholders
- - Stakeholder hotspots – how to influence each stakeholder
- - The ‘Where’ and the ‘How’ – The vision and the strategic pillars
- - Golden Thread – The importance of goals and setting aligned SMART objectives
- - Risk Management. Identifying, prioritising types of risk and the action options.
- - Influencing upwards
- - Pre-empting and handling objections
‘The ability to design opportunities for themselves and others’
- - Gleicher’s change equitation
- - The change curve and managing through it
- - The levers for change – COMBI model